To commemorate the new blog, I’m creating the first annual Wandering Reader Challenge. In keeping with the theme here, the challenge will be all about reading and travel.
I’ll be forwarding some of my favorite books I’ve read and posted about recently to four lucky readers this year. Drawings for a print book giveaway each quarter of 2022! Every book you read for this challenge and post (in a regular post) on Instagram with #wrchallenge2022 gets you one entry. Don’t delete your posts. I might not count them all until the week of the drawing. Get an extra 2 entries by completing the challenge. You may complete it as many times as you want, but each book only counts for one category and one challenge. DM me on IG @awanderingreader when you complete the challenge. I’ll verify your completion by looking through your IG, so make sure you post every book, tag it #wrchallenge2022, and say in the caption which category it is for. Must reside in the US to enter. Winners will receive one of the books featured here or on my bookstagram in the past year. It could be an ARC or other gently used copy, but it will have been photographed and reviewed here previously. I’ll post available titles here before the end of each quarter.
- A book with an airplane on the cover
- A book with a ship or boat on the cover
- A book you read on vacation
- A book in which the protagonist takes a trip
- A book about a honeymoon
- A book about a family vacation
- A book that takes place on a beach
- A book about a reunion (family, class, etc.)
- A book about someone who is lost
- A book with a road on the cover
- Books set in 3 different countries you don’t live in – country #1
- Books set in 3 different countries you don’t live in – country #2
- Books set in 3 different countries you don’t live in – country #3
- A book with the word “trip” or “vacation” in the title
- A character who works in the travel industry
- A book involving time travel
- A book involving space travel
- A book featuring a road trip
- A non-fiction travel book
- A book featuring a train
- A character who travels full time
- A book about a fictitious place you wish you could visit
- A book about a trip gone wrong
- A book featuring your favorite vacation activity (skiing, fishing, reading, etc.)
Happy reading and I can’t wait to see those beautiful book photos!
For more 2022 reading challenges, check out girlxoxo’s extensive list!